The history of our hotel - today the "Seehotel Schwan" - can be traced back to 1502. The building used to bear the address Stadtplatz 6 ("6 Town Square") but can now be found at Rathausplatz 8 ("8 Town Hall Square"). When the hotel was first opened in 1502 the ownwe was a salt merchant named Merth Staininger.
Over the years it has borne many names, including "The House by the Lake" and "Janerhaider" after one of itsowners. Also the name "Lake House" is mentioned historically. On 22 December 1851 a coffee house which was named after its owners was established.
With the purchase of the building by Michael and Franziska Nöstlinger on 10 February 1883 the coffee house became an inn, called "Zum Schwan". In autumn 1898 the house was completely destroyed, but it was rebuilt in the same year to today's appearance.
With the purchase and modification of the house "Schleißgasse 4" in 1963, the Seehotel Schwan was expanded to reach its present size. It has now been the possession of the Nöstlinger family for over 100 years.